As of October 15, 2013, the President’s Export Control Reform (ECR) effort will be in effect, including revisions to US ML Category VIII (Aircraft), XVII (Classified Articles, Technical Data, and Defense Services Not Otherwise Enumerated), XXI (Articles, Technical Data, and Defense Services Otherwise Not Enumerated), and XIX (Gas Turbine Engines and Associated Equipment). Given the significant regulatory changes that will come about as a direct result of the reform exporters with items transitioning from the US ML to the CCL must begin to update
compliance policies and internal controls now to reduce the impact on your global corporate operations.
Following the success of our June 2013, Washington, DC event, The ITAR Summit-Texas Edition, has been specifically developed to provide export controls, international trade, compliance officers and legal counsel with proven tools and useful guidance for making sense of and successfully navigating the ITAR . Taking an advanced regulatory and compliance-focused approach, this summit will engage attendees in a comprehensive, two-day examination of how to meet key licensing and classification requirements under ITAR regulations while preparing for and anticipating the impact that export control reform initiatives will have on your compliance program.
Hear from seasoned in-house compliance officers and international trade counsel experienced in navigating ITAR regulations as they share with you proven strategies for tackling key compliance challenges including:
• Proposed Rules: Interpreting the Latest Proposed Rules for the CCL and Practical Strategies for Ensuring Compliance
• Final Rules: Interpreting the Latest Final Rule Additions for the CCL and Practical Strategies for Ensuring Compliance
• Classification and Jurisdictional Determinations: How to Obtain Proper Classification of ITAR Controlled Items, Technology and Related Services under Parts 120 & 121
• Obtaining Key Export Authorizations, Licenses and Exemptions
• Models for Optimizing Your Global ITAR Compliance Program
• ITAR Risk Exposure in M&A Transactions
Benchmark with your in-house peers during the roundtable and compliance-focused discussions on:
• Unique ITAR Compliance Challenges Associated with Technology Transfers
• Strategies for Minimizing Un-Authorized Re-Exports
• Satellite Reform Updates
Learn what steps your company should be taking now to continuously test and audit the effectiveness of your ITAR compliance program while keeping pace with new regulatory requirements and anticipating the impact of reform under the ECR. Attendees will walk away from this event with practical strategies you can take back
to your company and implement immediately.
Reserve your space now to attend this advanced regulatory compliance event and gain specific strategies for maintaining compliance for ITAR controlled items.