Director of Business Development
Say hello to Momentum, the leading work-life balance event company!
*Work from anywhere with WiFi*
*Unlimited vacation days*
Founded in 2012, Momentum is a leading technology events company developing content and conference experiences on topics including blockchain, analytics, customer experience, regtech, fintech, XR, supply chain and more for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 executives.
Our Business Development team is the lifeblood of the company, plain and simple and we are looking for someone who can master the balance between tenacity and persistence, drive growth, close deals and foster long-term relationship with accounts. This individual wants no ceiling placed on their growth, both financially and personally.
Despite launching 5+ years ago, Momentum still operates very much like a fast-paced start-up built on a platform that fosters a positive work/life balance for all employees, so if this type of environment appeals to you, please, read on.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for the acquisition of new sponsor clients for Momentum’s existing and planned events that also includes our growing portfolio of partnership ventures with such organizations as The Wharton School’s Knowledge@Wharton, Fortune Knowledge Group, The Direct Marketing Association and many others.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing business through sponsorships and exhibition for live events via inbound marketing, traditional phone calls, social networks and face-to-face meetings
- Managing existing and newly acquired accounts by providing superior client service
- Generating new leads and accounts through lead sourcing, prospecting, phone calls and internet based research
- Maintaining an accurate history of contact with all customers and prospects utilizing the company’s CRM system
- Providing regular reports and pipeline updates on the sales progress toward event revenue goals
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of sales materials (proposals, presentations)
- Liaising with the support team to ensure that all sales orders are complete and all sold sponsorship deliverables are activated
- Contributing expertise and vision to development meetings
- Sharing sales and sponsorship knowledge and market feedback to contribute to overall marketing strategy
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor consistent the Momentum values
- Learning the Polka (still reading?)
- Bachelor’s degree and / or at least 2+ years experience in conferences/tradeshows and business development
- Previous event experience preferred
- Savvy internet based research abilities
- Ability to work remotely – required
Other Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated understanding of product features and benefits; previous exhibit space, sponsorship and/or advertising sales experience a plus
- Ability to solve customer problems related to sales activities
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision
- Highly motivated, team oriented player, personable
We have big plans for all members of the Momentum team and need big thinkers to help us achieve our goals.
All interested parties are encouraged to inquire by emailing email@example.com.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer.