This event is designed specifically for Thought Leader Liaison/Engagement function. For too long this community has been a small part of MSL based events and fully deserves it’s own platform for sharing of expertise, content, challenges and trends. The practice of connecting/engaging KOLs with brand strategy, content and with internal marketing + sales functions requires a high level degree of expertise from TLLs. Therefore, this event will serve to provide the first of its kind event for TLLs to learn, network and understand how to demonstrate value for the role within your organization.
Establishing and – more importantly – maintaining/managing the relationship within your company and the KOL is the key area of importance. This event will focus on this intersection of managing and maintaining the KOL engagement with marketing and sales.
Top Reasons to Attend
1- Establish best practices working virtually with KOLs and advisory boards: Determine the right length, platform and preferred outreach model for each of your KOLs as well as the optimal size of your advisory boards, to keep everyone engaged and connected during your time with them.
2- Understand how to comply with regulations and oversight while engaging with KOLs and External Experts: The TLL role is monitored constantly by the FDA and it is imperative that the TLLs are aware of the capacity and extent of the key role they play with the KOLs and External Experts.
3- Create a positive and long lasting Customer Experience providing input to differentiate your company from the rest: Developing the TLL role is extremely important because it is driven not by the sales but for the patients wellbeing.
4- Complete the circle, collaborate and work in synchrony with your MSLs and your KOLs: Develop a collaborative relationship with your MSL peers is very important to ensure that all teams working with opinion leaders are on the same page, and that messaging to them is synchronized.
Evaluate the importance of connecting with Digital Opinion Leaders (DOLs): by recognizing DOLs, life science communicators can expand the authenticity and reach of their messages across social networks to enhance brand recognition and loyalty.
5- Identify, recruit and develop KOLs to consistently build your TL base for the franchise and the brands: Create a culture within your organization where the KOL is an asset, invest time and resources on your KOL for them to be engaged and collaborate in every step of the process.
6- Demonstrate true value of the commercial role of the TLL: Break the paradigm about TLLs and bring the right focus and attention to your role within the wider commercial enterprise.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- TLL (Thought Leader Liaison)
- Thought Leader Engagement
- KOL Relationship Management/ Development
- Opinion/Thought Leader Relations
- Regional Marketing Managers
- Market Access
- Speaker Bureau Training/Management
- Speaker Programs
- Speaker Advisory Boards
- Digital Communication
- External Engagement
- Commercial Operations
- Marketing Operations
- Field sales/Field Directors
- Strategic Account Management
- Advisory Board Management
- Professional Education/Programs
- Global Relations
- Compliance, Legal and Regulatory
- CRM Systems
- External Affairs
- Stakeholder Relations/Outreach
- Physician Education/Outreach
- Promotional Regulatory Affairs
- Franchise/Business Unit/Therapeutic Area Management
- Brand/Portfolio Management
- Brand/Product Commercialization
- Commercial//Marketing Strategy
- Virtual Matchmaking: Visit our virtual lobby and connect with fellow attendees using our platform’s matchmaking technology. You can chat, video, and even make a list of the people you want to meet and the knowledge you’re looking to gain through our bespoke 1:1 match-making services.
- Roundtable Video Networking throughout the Summit will give you the chance to connect and meet in-depth your fellow attendees as well as our Sponsors and Speakers.
- Virtual engagement through our advanced platform allowing you to play a role in the event through polls, QA, chat during the sessions, and 1:1 video networking with speakers and attendees.
- Virtual Happy Hour: Grab a drink and bring it to your screen to cheers from afar while continuing to chat with and get to know your fellow conference participants.