Business Development Manager – Remote
Welcome to Momentum, where the work life balance and well-being of our employees is our number one priority.
Momentum is recruiting for a Business Development Manager who can join our high-growth team by generating new business, servicing existing clients, and providing superior customer service.
Come join Momentum and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of conferences in the legal, technology, marketing and finance industries. Since 2012, Momentum has been built on a completely virtual platform that fully supports a work-from-home environment and our commitment to our team’s well-being is industry leading.
Join Momentum and you will experience:
- A fully supported work from home environment
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Minimum vacation requirements!
- 28+ paid company holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Christmas/New Years break
- A 4-day Thanksgiving holiday
- An hour a week of “discovery time” to be used for mindfulness, meditation, reading, hiking or any other rejuvenating activities
- Generous health benefits package that includes complimentary membership to OneMedical and Teledoc
- 401K with Company match
- Health Savings Account
- Monthly telecom stipend
Momentum’s Business Development team is the lifeblood of the company, plain and simple. We are looking for someone who can master the balance between tenacity and persistence, drive growth, close deals and foster long-term relationships with accounts. This individual wants no ceiling placed on their growth, both financially and personally.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing business through sponsorships and exhibition
- Managing existing and newly acquired accounts by providing superior client service
- Generating new leads and accounts through lead sourcing, prospecting, phone calls and internet research
- Maintaining an accurate history of contact with all customers and prospects utilizing the company’s CRM system
- Providing regular reports and pipeline updates on the sales progress toward event revenue goals
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of sales materials (proposals, presentations)
- Liaising with the support team to ensure that all sales orders are complete and all sold sponsorship deliverables are activated
- Contributing expertise and vision to development meetings
- Bachelor’s degree and / or at least 2 years related experience in sales or business development.
- Previous event experience preferred
- Proficient with Salesforce welcomed
Other Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated understanding of product features and benefits; previous exhibit space, sponsorship and/or advertising sales experience a plus
- Ability to solve customer problems related to sales activities
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision
- Highly motivated, team oriented player, personable
Momentum’s Business Development team can be located anywhere in the U.S. If you’re interested in learning more, please send your C/V, introductory video or cover letter to email@example.com.
At the core of Momentum’s culture and values is the prioritization of our collective mental health. More than just a passing phrase, our #mentalhealthpledge is used to guide many of our decisions, especially when it comes to talent management, benefits and company culture. Learn more at momentumevents.com/mentalhealthmatters.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer.